TITLE: Care Coordinator, Adult Services
REPORTS TO: Clinical Team Leader & Director of Behavioral Health
WORK WEEK: Anticipate 40 hours per week to accomplish tasks
WAGE CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
OSHA RISK CLASSIFICATION: Low
STARTING SALARY: $16.00 Per hour
SUMMARY POSITION STATEMENT
The Care Coordinator participates in the development of treatment plans and provides structured psychosocial rehabilitative skill building to Severely Mentally Ill (SMI) clients. The Care Coordinator coordinates with other community agencies to ensure that consumer needs are met and assists consumers in learning on-going living skills, social skills, vocational skills, and self-care and community adjustment skills.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Implements treatment plans for residents, in association with the Care Coordinator. Assists consumers in meeting individual needs and provides support through teaching on-going living skills, social, vocational and self care skills, and community adjustment, with the goal of independent living.
- Maintains knowledge of community resources available to SMI, SED & ED consumers and acts as a liaison with other community agencies on the consumer’s behalf, when appropriate.
- Responds directly to emergencies by calling for professional assistance, following instructions and reporting to appropriate person(s) for briefing and follow-up.
- Satisfactorily completes required training.
- Maintains and implements safety and emergency procedures and assists in crisis intervention. Recognizes and responds to the signs of suicidal ideation by initiating action including: calling for emergency help, notifying the Clinical Team Leader, and participating in situational planning.
- Assesses skill level of consumers and implements life-skills training groups and individual training in order to meet consumer needs.
- Maintains daily billing records, chart notes, statistical reports and other written material as directed and in a timely manner (3-5 days).
- Participates in clinical and administrative meetings as directed.
- Provides input to Clinical Team Leaders in regard to individual clients including special needs, case progress, and areas of concern.
- Provides support and encouragement to consumers and builds productive working relationships with clients and staff.
- Works effectively and objectively with a diverse group of people. Adheres to appropriate professional, ethical and legal standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Follow federal, state and local legal guidelines.
- Maintain HIPAA compliance.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling or related field
License: No license required.
Experience: Prefer experience in working with SMI adults.
- Ability to work in a team and independent setting, good communication and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work effectively with area agencies on behalf of the patient and family.
- Must demonstrate the willingness to work with patients in the community.
- Establish and maintain the confidence and cooperation of patients and persons connected to the course of work.
- Demonstrated positive problem solving skills and prior experience working with SMI adults is preferred.
- Must be computer literate and type minimum 25 wpm.
- Able to work effectively with people who have a diverse set of personalities.
- Positive work ethic and attitude.
- Must pass State-required background check and pre-hire drug screen.
- A clean valid Alaska driver’s license is required.
- Treat all co-workers and clients with dignity and respect.
- Project a professional manner and image.
- Adhere to ethical principles.
- Communicate professionally & effectively – focus on cooperation and win/win outcomes.
- Serve as Community Liaison.
- Follow and enforce the mission of PCHS
- Abide by the policies and procedures outlined by PCHS, including the employee manual.
- Report any safety and/or health concerns to management as soon as they become apparent.
- Regular & timely attendance>
- Ability to bring your best work and attitude to PCHS.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Occasional bending, stooping and stretching
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard.
- May be occasional lifting papers or boxes up to 15 pounds.
JOB RELATIONSHIPS :
Coordinates duties with Clinical Team Leader
***PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING APPLICANT'S STATEMENT TO WHICH
YOU ARE AGREEING TO WHEN YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION ***
I understand that the employer follows an "at will employment" policy, in that I or the employer may terminate my employment at any time, for any reason consistent with applicable state or federal law. I understand that this application is not a contract of employment. I understand that federal law prohibits the employment of unauthorized aliens; all persons hired must submit satisfactory proof of employment authorization and identity; failure to submit such proof will result in denial of employment. I understand this application will be active for a period of one year; after that time, if I wish to be considered for employment, I must submit a new application.
I voluntarily authorize any present or former employer, firm, school, hospital, university, or government agency and it's employees or agents to release any and all information concerning my former position to any prospective employer, or it's employees or agents, making a request for such information. I understand that the information may include, but is not necessarily limited to, performance reports, transcripts, job descriptions, disciplinary reports and opinions regarding my suitability for the position.
I voluntarily release and hold harmless former employers, schools, hospitals or government agencies, and their employees or agents from any and all claims, liabilities, or damages arising from the disclosure or release of information or opinions concerning my professional qualifications.
I certify that all the statements herein are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and understand that any falsification or willful omission shall be sufficient cause for dismissal or refusal of employment.