Title: Individual Service Provider, Children's Services
Reports To: Case Manager, with oversight by Care Coordinator
Work Week: Hours not to exceed 39 per week
Wage Classification: Non-exempt
OSHA Risk Classification: Low
Salary: $11.54 per hour starting, with potential increase to $12.06 at 90 days
SUMMARY POSITION STATEMENT
This position provides support to SED youth in home, school or community settings. Openings from Ninilchik to Sterling to Nikiski.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Work varied hours providing behavior modification to clients in their home and school/community settings
- Provide skill development to the client
- Maintain attendance required by job duties to effectively assist clients needs as arranged by the Case Manager or Care Coordinator
- Responsible for maintaining professional, respectful and effective working relationships with staff, clients and community professionals/agencies
- Responsible for documenting service encounters in a thorough, accurate and timely manner
- Documentation shall be compliant with supervisory instruction and according to protocols established by PCHS
- Participates in periodic training, and satisfactorily completes required training in a timely manner
- Follow and comply with duties as assigned by direct supervisor
- Adheres to appropriate professional, ethical, and legal standards, and complies with organizational privacy and client confidentiality practices.
- Consistent attendance and punctuality is required and expected to work the hours set by PCHS and/or the schedule set by supervisor.
- Expected to complete required trainings such as CPR, Mandt, Mental Health First Aid, E-Learning and any others deemed necessary for this position.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Maintain confidentiality
- Follow federal, state and local legal guidelines
- Maintain HIPAA compliance
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
License: No license required
Experience: Prefer experience in working with children
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Establish and maintain the confidence and cooperation of clients and persons connected to the course of work.
- Must be computer literate, familiar with Microsoft Office Products and must type a minimum of 45 words per minute.
- Documentation must be completed accurately within 3-5 business days.
- Expected to read and respond to emails timely through Outlook.
- Able to work effectively with people who have a diverse set of personalities.
- Provide input regarding treatment planning
- Adhere to rules of work setting stated in ISP rules and responsibilities.
- Positive work ethic and attitude.
- Must pass State-required background and pre-hire drug screen.
- Treat all co-workers and clients with dignity and respect
- Project a professional manner and image
- Adhere to ethical principlesCommunicate professionally & effectively – focus on cooperation and win/win outcomes
- Serve as Community Liaison
- Follow and enforce the mission of PCHS
- Abide by the policies and procedures outlined by PCHS, including those outlined in the Employee Manual
- Responsible to report any safety and/or health concerns to management as soon as they become apparent
- Expected to bring your best work and attitude to PCHS,
- Expected to handle complaints and grievances professionally, adhering to the employee manual (section IX) and to uphold employee core values.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Occasional bending, stooping and stretching
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard
- May be occasional lifting papers or boxes up to 15 pounds.
- Coordinates duties with direct Supervisor.
***PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING APPLICANT'S STATEMENT TO WHICH
YOU ARE AGREEING TO WHEN YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION ***
I understand that the employer follows an “at will employment” policy, in that I or the employer may terminate my employment at any time, for any reason consistent with applicable state or federal law. I understand that this application is not a contract of employment. I understand that federal law prohibits the employment of unauthorized aliens; all persons hired must submit satisfactory proof of employment authorization and identity; failure to submit such proof will result in denial of employment. I understand this application will be active for a period of one year; after that time, if I wish to be considered for employment, I must submit a new application.
I voluntarily authorize any present or former employer, firm, school, hospital, university, or government agency and it’s employees or agents to release any and all information concerning my former position to any prospective employer, or it’s employees or agents, making a request for such information. I understand that the information may include, but is not necessarily limited to, performance reports, transcripts, job descriptions, disciplinary reports and opinions regarding my suitability for the position.
I voluntarily release and hold harmless former employers, schools, hospitals or government agencies, and their employees or agents from any and all claims, liabilities, or damages arising from the disclosure or release of information or opinions concerning my professional qualifications.
I certify that all the statements herein are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and understand that any falsification or willful omission shall be sufficient cause for dismissal or refusal of employment.