TITLE: Behavioral Health Clinician/Clinical Team Leader
REPORTS TO: Director of Behavioral Health
WORK WEEK: Anticipate 40 hours per week to accomplish tasks
WAGE CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
OSHA RISK CLASSIFICATION: Low
SUMMARY POSITION STATEMENT
This position is responsible for providing outpatient psychotherapy to agency clients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Provide psychotherapeutic services to clients in the agency, adults, children and families.
- Provide assessment through a variety of psychological and/or psychosocial evaluation techniques.
- Provide counseling through a variety of treatment modalities, with an emphasis on brief treatment, group work and family therapy.
- Act as liaison with other community agencies on the client’s behalf when appropriate.
- May participate in supervision as requested by the Director of Behavioral Health.
- Provide consultation and education to other agency staff.
- Responsible for maintaining professional, respectful and effective working relationships with staff, patients and community professionals/agencies.
- Complete mental health and integrated assessments as needed for individuals to include Severally Emotionally Disturbed children, Chronically Mentally Ill adults, and clients with co-occurring disorders
- Participates in periodic trainings, and satisfactorily completes required training in a timely manner.
- Adheres to appropriate professional, ethical, and legal standards, and complies with organizational privacy and client confidentiality practices.
- Provides high levels of direct client care.
- Consistent attendance and punctuality is required and expected to work the hours set by PCHS and/or the schedule set by supervisor.
- Expected to complete required trainings such as CPR, Mandt, Mental Health First Aid and any others deemed necessary for this position.
- Other duties as required
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Follow federal, state and local legal guidelines.
- Maintain HIPAA compliance.
Education: Ph.D. or Master’s Degree in psychology, social work, counseling or related field.
License: Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Clinical Psychologist preferred.
Experience: Experience in working with Chronically Mentally Ill adults and/or Severely Emotionally Disturbed children.
- Ability to work in a team and independent setting, good communication and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work effectively with area agencies on behalf of the patient and family.
- Establish and maintain the confidence and cooperation of patients and persons connected to the course of work.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Must have the ability to prepare clear and understandable written documentation and communication materials.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with employees when conveying information and resolving issues.
- Working knowledge of health care industry.
- Demonstrated positive problem solving skills and prior experience working with SMI Adult and families is preferred.
- Must be computer literate, proficient with Microsoft Office Products and be able to type 45 wpm.
- Responsible for collaboratively documenting service encounters in a thorough, accurate and timely manner. Clinicians are expected to do collaborative documentation according to protocols established by PCHS. Collaborative (with patient) documentation must be completed accurately within 1-3 business days.
- Will be held to productivity standards set by Supervisor and/or Director of Behavioral Health.
- If groups are developed, there should be no fewer than 3, but ideally 4 or more clients in attendance at each group. If a group has less than 3 client attendees in 2 consecutive weeks, the group will be cancelled. Time will not be allotted for group preparation time. Group prep time is expected to occur during hours when clients no show/no call.
- Expected to read and respond timely to emails through Outlook.
- Clinician’s appointments will be scheduled through the front desk staff. Clinicians are expected to have fully scheduled clinical days for clinical care which is defined as individual or group therapy. With a high no-show rate, clinicians are expected to set full schedules knowing that there will be 2-3 no call/no show clients per day. When clients no-show, clinicians may use this time to catch up on paperwork or accomplish other duties assigned.
- Time off and schedule blocks (formerly called admin time) must be submitted to your supervisor for advanced approval. The supervisor will then submit the approved request to the front desk for scheduling. Time off and schedule blocks are approved at the discretion of the supervisor and will be based on the best interest of the clients.
- Clinicians are expected to assume/add clients to their caseload who are referred by the program manager or supervisor as relevant.
- Clinicians will not let treatment plans lapse and signatures will be current for all plans. The treatment plans will be current or closed.
- Clinical supervision for licensure is an employee benefit offered to PCHS employees in need of supervision for licensure. Supervision is not to occur during office hours although clinical supervision can occur with supervising clinicians who do not maintain regular office hours such as Emergency Services Clinicians.
- Able to work effectively with people who have a diverse set of personalities.
- Positive work ethic and attitude.
- Must pass State-required background check and pre-hire drug screen.
- A valid and clean Alaska driver’s license is required.
- If licensed, must be willing to go through proctoring process at CPH as backup to emergency services clinician.
- Ability to sustain high levels of direct service.
- Treat all co-workers and clients with dignity and respect.
- Project a professional manner and image.
- Adhere to ethical principles.
- Communicate professionally & effectively – focus on cooperation and win/win outcomes
- Serve as a Community Liaison.
- Abide by the policies and procedures outlined by PCHS including the Employee Manual.
- Follow and enforce the mission of PCHS
- Report any safety and/or health concerns to management as soon as they become apparent.
- Expected to bring your best work and attitude to PCHS.
- Expected to handle complaints and grievances professionally, adhering to the employee manual and to uphold employee core values as outlined in this job description.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Occasional bending, stooping and stretching
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard.
- May be occasional lifting papers or boxes up to 15 pounds.
JOB RELATIONSHIPS:Coordinates duties with Clinical Manager, Outpatient Services.
***PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING APPLICANT'S STATEMENT TO WHICH
YOU ARE AGREEING TO WHEN YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION ***
I understand that the employer follows an "at will employment" policy, in that I or the employer may terminate my employment at any time, for any reason consistent with applicable state or federal law. I understand that this application is not a contract of employment. I understand that federal law prohibits the employment of unauthorized aliens; all persons hired must submit satisfactory proof of employment authorization and identity; failure to submit such proof will result in denial of employment. I understand this application will be active for a period of one year; after that time, if I wish to be considered for employment, I must submit a new application.
I voluntarily authorize any present or former employer, firm, school, hospital, university, or government agency and it's employees or agents to release any and all information concerning my former position to any prospective employer, or it's employees or agents, making a request for such information. I understand that the information may include, but is not necessarily limited to, performance reports, transcripts, job descriptions, disciplinary reports and opinions regarding my suitability for the position.
I voluntarily release and hold harmless former employers, schools, hospitals or government agencies, and their employees or agents from any and all claims, liabilities, or damages arising from the disclosure or release of information or opinions concerning my professional qualifications.
I certify that all the statements herein are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and understand that any falsification or willful omission shall be sufficient cause for dismissal or refusal of employment.